Friday, July 1, 2011

Labor & No Delivery

As many of you know, 9 days ago, my routine 32-week appointment turned into what I thought might be happening around week 37 or so. (I have a history of early delivery, but this was excessive!) Needless to say a 3 1/2 day hospital stay was not routine, scheduled or even dreamed of during this pregnancy!


I'm very grateful to be back at home with Isla, trying to adjust to this new "normal" lifestyle. I'm not one to sit around and do nothing, especially with an eager and active little woman here, so our limited couch and floor activities have become interesting. And boring. Isla was enrolled in "Big Sister Bootcamp" when I left for that appointment, even though she didn't know it. She's been learning the ropes quickly, helping out every way she can and getting excited to meet the baby. Although she does remind him/her to "stay right there" in my belly!

I'd like to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and hopes for a later delivery of baby K #2. The support has been so helpful and encouraging. We have such an amazing group of friends and family!

A special thanks to my L&D nurses, Allie and Susan, who were so calming and attentive. If it really was go time, I would have been blessed to have their help! And the nurses on the recovery floor, Amy, Sara, Leila and Sarah, who made my daily 2, 4 and 6-hour checkups as manageable as possible and always had a positive thought for me.

And to Gammo and Grampy for coming at a moment's notice to care for Isla during this practice run. To Gail for sending and surrounding me with the "stop the contraction angels". They worked really hard. ;)

And of course, to Paul, the most calming and supportive husband. I couldn't have made it through each day since that appointment without him. He makes everything better. This baby is so fortunate to have him as a daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment