Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hey Chicago, what do you say?

Update #6

A couple Saturdays ago, the Cubs trolley rolled into town. As it's the Cubs trolley, I imagine it usually stays in town, but it stopped by a high school just a few blocks away from us. I took Isla and Gannon down as there were also rumors of a free backpack to the first 50 kids that showed up. Let's be honest, the Cubs have been hard to watch this year. Getting excited about the Cubs trolley could be the highlight of the season.

Isla was eagerly waiting for it to pull up. When it finally did, this is what she saw!


She hopped right in and flashed her smile. And so did I, as you can see by my reflection.

Once all three of us jumped in, we took a couple of photos. Half of the seats were identical to the seats at Wrigley.
Isla: Come here and let me give you a hug. I am so excited!
Gannon: Easy on the squeezin', lady.


Thanks for letting me have my own seat.

"Hey, kid next to me, you believe this? We're on the Cubs trolley and I have my own seat!"

There a couple really cool things in the trolley. This foul pole replica of Jack Brickhouse's famous saying was just one of them.

All of the seats had a current or past player tagged on it, from Fergie Jenkins to Greg Maddux to Isla's favorite, Alfonso Soriano. We're still not sure why Soriano is her favorite, but he has been ever since she was able to talk about the Cubs. There may have been a tear or two shed when she learned that her former second favorite player, Ryan Dempster, was traded 6 weeks ago. She's over it now and was telling anyone near the trolley that would ask her that Soriano is her favorite and Dempster got traded. Everyone thought it was hilarious.

It's not every day you see the Cubs Trolley, Gannon. Let's take a picture, dude.


And why not a photo with the three of us? The people that were there from Athletico and the Cubs loved Isla and Gannon so much that I had to sign a waiver to give them permission to use their photos in promotional material. So be sure to keep on the lookout for that.

Oh, how could I forget! Isla received a sweet Adidas backpack that will fit her in somewhere between 5 and 8 years. Go Cubs Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment