Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Gannons

Gannon, this is our son, Gannon.
Gannon, this is the great guy who gave mommy the idea for your super cool name.

On Christmas evening of 2010, we headed down to Joni's house for a festive gathering with Paul's extended family, as we traditionally do. There are always many familiar faces, fabulous food and a revolving door of friends of our favorite girls, Jori, Kelsey and Lindsey.

Some of these friends are the sweetest teenagers I've ever met (and they even remember who we are through the years) and some of them get teased by my husband (for no reason). The guy pictured above was both. Kelsey introduced us to her good friend, Gannon Davis. Gannon! Now that's a name! Normally, I wouldn't have paid much attention to the name after the introduction. But, I was about 8 weeks pregnant and I thought what a cool name for a boy, if we have one. And as soon as we left for the evening, I told Paul how much I loved it and we added it to the list!

And here are the Gannons at Kelsey's high school graduation party. Gannon was so excited to have our Mr. Man named after him. And he was nervous to hold him. But, look at those killer smiles! Gannon is joining the Marines and will report for duty in December. He is one of Kelsey's best friends and a gem of a guy. We hope the Gannons can spend more time together soon. I think they could learn a lot from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment